Get this downloadable factsheet
Programs are on-going activities of a non-material nature which directly benefit people.
Projects are one time actions that usually involve construction or the purchasing of equipment or material goods.
Sometimes Projects and Programs can be mixed together as when we build a Community Center designed to shelter a vocational Program.
At this juncture let me remind the reader that many of these programs and projects depend on their existence for the generosity of our Donors, Private and Institutional. Many Thanks to them!
1. Providing free after-school study (Tuition) programs staffed by part-time employees of SAVE-INTL, many of whom come from or near the villages where they teach and supervise classes. We sponsor twenty two tuition schools.
2. Offering free vocational training in sewing, embroidery and tailoring and ongoing access to sewing machines and equipment. We sponsor eleven vocational centers with approximately 40 sewing machines in total.
1. Sanitary facilities for villages and public schools.
2. Management of the Amuur Free Health Clinic.
3. Childrens reading programs.
4. Uniform State-wide exam preparation.
5. Childrens Excursions to Zoos and other places of interest.
6. Providing safe drinking water to villages.
7. Emergency food to villages due to natural disaster.
8. School supplies.
9. Childrens Art Programs.
10. Financial Assistance for the indigent sick and disabled.
Future anticipated programs include offering training in Computer Technology, Human Rights and an activity and nutritional program for Seniors and the Aged.
We have initiated the3 following Projects since 2005, including:
1. Construction of 11 free-standing Community Centers.
2. Construction of a Community Health Clinic.
3. Remodeled or undertaken major repairs of approximately six Community Centers or Tuition Centers and many minor repairs, such as painting the roofs of Community Centers white for passive cooling, and rewiring to improve lighting, repainting, etc.
4. Constructed two village toilet facilities, with the total overhaul and remodeling of a Public School Sanitary Complex almost complete.
5. Restored and totally remodeled and reconstructed one drinking water facility.
6. Purchase, cover and process approximately 5000 books and distribute them to 12, (more to be added) different community centers and tuition Schools.
7. Construct and install 6 playground facilities in as many different villages.
8. Purchase, assemble and accessorize approximately 40 sewing machines.
Future projects we plan to undertake in 2011 include the rehabilitation of a non-functional drinking water source in Panjanteertee, the remodeling and electrification of the MGR Nagar Irula Community Center, construction of a school toilet in Melaiyuur Panchayat, repair and tiling of the floors of the Community Centers in Kazhanipakkam, Amuur Main Street and Anandapuram.
VILLAGES WHERE TVO IS CURRENTLY ACTIVE:
(in the future we hope to have a separate page for each village with a description of the programs and projects undertaken there along with photos and a link to an interactive map).
These villages and hamlets are all located in the Tiruporuur and Tirukalukundram Blocks of Kancheepuram District, Tamilnadu, India.
- Indhira Nagar
- Kunnapattu Irular Colony
Area and Region
Project Map January 2008(requires updating)