- Report On Dalit Atrocities in Tamilnadu in 2012
- Indian sanitary practices and its affect on stature and health – a report
- Theories of Oppression and another Dialogue of Cultures: Ashis Nandy
- Where are 25% of children under age six severely malnourished?
- Mon expérience avec l’association ‘Tamil Nadu Village Outreach (TNVO)’
Category Archives: Health
Cataracts, a clouding of the optic lens in the eye, are common among the majority of the older people who live in rural villages in Tamilnadu, and the most common cause of non-congenital blindness. Villagers, who have labored most of their lives since they were children doing field work, planting, transplanting, and harvesting rice and preparing fields by plowing, repairing irrigation works etc., do so without any eye protection from the strong, hot solar rays of the long summer in Tamilnadu. The result is a high incidence of cataracts and blindness among the aged. While easily treatable… Read the rest